GMS Teaching Overview
The Genomic Medicine and Statistics (GMS) DPhil programme includes a first term of teaching and up to three lab rotations before deciding on the final DPhil project. Students offered a place on the programme come from diverse academic disciplines and the teaching gives a broad introduction to a variety of genomic and statistical topics.
The aims of the first term are to:
• provide cross-discipline skills training in genome biology, statistics and bioinformatics
• introduce the latest genomic techniques and applications
• emphasise the tight integration of lab and computational work in genomic research
• discuss research activity in the wider context of clinical genomic medicine
• familiarise students with research areas, potential supervisors and projects