Functional Genetics Facility
The Functional Genetics Facility is managed by Oxford University's Department of Biomedical Services and a User's Committee which meets termly to discuss user allocations, the provision of equipment and procedures within the facility.
The Facility has holding and procedure rooms at biological safety category 2 and 3 and is actively used by biomedical research groups within the Nuffield Department of Medicine.
The Facility also houses the transgenic core of the Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics.
Further information can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Below is a list of useful procedures, links and downloadable forms for users of the Functional Genetics Facility.
- Procedure for becoming a registered user of the FGF
- Request form for a new allocation or changes to the existing allocation (Biological Safety Level 2)
- Request form for a new allocation or changes to the existing allocation (Biological Safety Level 3)
- Procedure and request forms for the import of a new strain to the facility
- Current strains housed within the Functional Genetics Facility
- GMO risk assessment form for strains
- Home Office Mouse Passport form and guidance notes
- Equipment housed with the FGF
- Link to Home Office's PPL application/ammendment pages
- Link to Home Office's PIL application/ammendment pages
- Link to Home Office's "Authority to transfer" pages
- Oxford University's Gold Standard Policy