Image Analysis Software
The Core has a selection of PC workstations running various image acquisition, processing and analysis packages, as well as Adobe Premiere Elements 11 and Adobe Photoshop CS5.5.
For quantitative off-line image analysis of microscope images, the Cellular Imaging Core provides the following software:
- Volocity v6.2 4D deconvolution software (includes the Quantitation, Visualization and Restoration modules). One licence
- BitPlane Imaris v 8.0 image analysis 2D & 3D software with licences for Filament Tracer, Cell Viewer, Measure, Statistics, Colocalisation, Track, Manual Surface, InPress, Vantage, IPSS, Surpass, Time and Topography. One licence. We do not have a licence for the AutoQuant X3 deconvolution package.
- PicoQuant ST Offline Software for analysing FCS_FLIM images acquired by the Leica SP8 confocal. One licence
- Image J, Fiji and Icy image analysis freeware for use on any PC
- MatLab via the Oxford University licencing agreement
- Statistical analysis and graphs using Minitab 15 software. One licence
All software is free to use for registered users of the Cellular Imaging Microscopy Core. Please contact the Cellular Imaging Core for advice, training and further details. Our email address is email@example.com.
Dell T5500 Imaging Workstation
As well as running the latest versions of ImageJ, Fiji, Icy, MetaMorph, Volocity, BitPlane Imaris, NIS-Viewer, LMS-Browser, Origin, and MatLab, the Core's Dell T5500 Precision image analysis workstation has Microsoft Office 2010, Adobe Photoshop CS6 & Adobe CS6 Production Premium Suite, Adobe Premiere Elements 11 (video editing), Skype video+microphone, CorelDraw Graphics Suite X5, and the Minitab 15 statistical analysis package installed. This workstation has an A5 Wacam Bamboo PEN drawing tablet attached to help with image editing and object selection. The Dell T5500 has twin Xeon E5620 2.4GHz Quad Core processors, powerfull NVidia 3D graphics and 72Gb system RAM.