Information for group members
A weekly rota system currently operates to share general lab tasks between individuals in an equitable manner. Tasks for the week include:
- Checking stores on at least a daily basis, ideally around 3:30 pm to ensure no deliveries are left overnight. Stores will send a reminder around that time, so if the person on the rota cannot attend to the deliveries please ask one of your colleagues to do it for you.
- Place internal orders twice a week on Mondays and Thursdays for items written up on the board. Do not place orders for less than 3 items, unless they are urgently needed.
- Place external orders once a week on Monday afternoons. Urgent orders can be placed individually.
- Check at least once during the week which general stocks (plastic ware, buffers, autoclaved materials) are running low. Place an internal order as appropriate.
- Check at least once during the week the general lab areas (gel tanks, sinks) for cleanliness and request help in tidying where necessary.
Before leaving the room for the day, check and refill pipettes and TC flasks in the Tissue Culture room. Bio-hazard autoclave bags should be removed, and ethanol spray bottles should be refilled, if necessary.
Rotas for lab tasks and meetings are now available as a google calendar. This calendar can be accessed from your gmail account, from your web browser using the link above, and from popular clients, including Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, and Apple iCAL.