Marie Curie Fellow
Functional Genomics of the MHC
My central research interest is in the molecular genetic mechanisms of immune-mediated disease and phenomena in humans, with special emphasis on infectious diseases and allergic disorders. I am also interested in radiation genetics and am developing the concept of inherited individual radiosensitivity in humans.
My project in the WTCHG aims to define functionally important variants in the MHC which modulates gene expression and human disease susceptibility. My primary investigative approach uses DNase I hypersensitivity mapping. This technique is based on the comparison of in vivo and in vitro digested DNA, analysed using quantitative real-time PCR and microarray based approaches.
I am also studying the expression profiles of TNF and LTA genes in response to LPS-stimulation in cell lines derived from the HapMap population, and associating the expression signatures with single nucleotide polymorphisms in these cells, with the aim of elucidating the molecular mechanisms underlying this response.
Keywords: DNase I hypersensitivity, genetics of tuberculosis, genetics of asthma, individual radiosensitivity
- Freidin MB, Ivanina PV, Takhauov RM, Goncharova IA, Dvornichenko MV, Karpov AB. The evaluation of association between polymorphisms of DNA excision repair enzyme genes and risk of malignant tumors development in Siberian Group of Chemical Enterprises workers. Radiats Biol Radioecol 2008;48(4):439-44. PMID: 18825991
- Goncharova IA, Beloborodova EV, Freidin MB, Beloborodova EI, Chernogoriuk GE, Puzyrev VP. Genetics factors determining predisposition to chronic course of virus hepatitis and fibrosis in liver. Mol Biol 2008;42(2):238-241. PMID: 18610831
- Goncharova IA, Beloborodova EV, Freidin MB, Beloborodova EI, Puzyrev VP. Association of immune system gene polymorphisms with quantitative features which are pathogenetically important in chronic viral hepatitis. Mol Biol 2008;42(2):242-246. PMID: 18610832
- Ogorodova LM, Freidin MB, Sazonov AE, Fedorova OS, Gerbek IE, Cherevko NA, Lebedeva NY. A pilot screening of prevalence of atopic states and opisthorchosis and their relationship in people of Tomsk Oblast. Parasitol Res 2007;101(4):1165-1168. PMID: 17549516
- Freidin MB, Rudko AA, Kolokolova OV, Strelis AK, Puzyrev VP. Association between the 1188 A/C polymorphism in the human IL12B gene and Th1-mediated infectious diseases. Int J Immunogenet 2006;33(3):231-232. PMID: 16712658
- Freidin MB, Rudko AA, Kolokolova OV, Ondar EA, Strelis AK, Puzyrev VP. A comparative analysis of tuberculosis susceptibility genetic make-up in Tuvinians and Russians. Mol Biol 2006;40(2):252-262. PMID: 16637265
- Goncharova IA, Freidin MB, Dunaeva LE, Beloborodova EV, Beloborodova EV, Puzyrev VP. Association study of the Ile50Val polymorphism of interleukin-4 receptor gene (IL4RA) with chronic viral hepatitis. Mol Biol 2005;39(3): 379-84. PMID: 15981567
- Freidin MB, Kobyakova OS, Ogorodova LM, Puzyrev VP. Association of polymorphisms in the human IL4 and IL5 genes with atopic bronchial asthma and severity of the disease. Comp Funct Genom 2003;4(3):346-350. PMID: 18629290
- Freidin MB, Puzyrev VP, Ogorodova LM, Kobiakova OS, Kulmanakova IM. Polymorphism of interleukins and interleukin receptor genes: population distribution and association with atopic bronchial asthma. Rus J Genet 2002;38(12):1710-8. PMID: 12575459
- Puzyrev VP, Freidin MB, Rudko AA, Strelis AK, Kolokolova OV. Polymorphisms of the candidate genes for genetic susceptibility to tuberculosis in the Slavic population of Siberia: a pilot study. Mol Biol 2002;36(5):788-91. PMID: 12391841
- Freidin MB, Bragina EIu, Ogorodova LM, Puzyrev VP. Polymorphism of the theta1 and mu1 glutathione S-transferase genes (GSTT1, GSTM1) in patients with atopic bronchial asthma from the West Siberian region. Mol Biol 2002;36(4):630-4. PMID: 12173466
- Puzyrev VP, Golubenko MV, Freidin MB. The realm of mitochondrial genetics competence. Vestn Ross Akad Med Nauk 2001;(10):31-7. PMID: 12216453
- Freidin MB, Puzyrev VP, Ogorodova LM, Saliukova OA, Kamaltynova EM, Kulmanakova IM, Petrovskaia IuA. Analysis of the association between the T113M polymorphism of the human il-9 gene and bronchial asthma. Rus J Genet 2000;36(4):559-61. PMID: 10822820
This work is sponsored by the European Commission's Sixth Framework Program, Marie Curie Actions, International Incoming Fellowship