Complex Trait Consortium
CTC Oxford 2003
Participants and Presentations
Advice for Presenters
WTCHG Bioinformatics Group
Complex Trait Consortium Meeting at Oxford 1-3 July 2003
Welcome to the Home Page for the 2003 meeting of Complex Trait Consortium at Oxford , 1-3 July.
- The CTC is an international group of researchers working to identify
the genetic variants that underly complex traits, particularly of
quantitative trait loci (QTL), in model organisms such as rodents.
The previous CTC meeting in Memphis, TN attracted over 100
attendees; we expect similar interest for this meeting.
- Particular foci of the meeting will be:
- to finalise ongoing discussions for the planning, production
and dissemination of mouse Recombinant Inbred Lines (RIL), which are
genetic resources for mapping complex traits extremely economically.
- to discuss the use of the draft mouse genome sequence for cloning
- the construction of haplotype maps for inbred mouse strains.
- The Venue of the meeting is the Gulbenkian Theatre in the St Cross Building (University Law School), 10 minutes walk from the centre of Oxford.
- Accommodation is available at St Catherine's College (5 mins walk from the Gulbenkian).
We have reserved 70 rooms
- Note for travellers from Heathrow and Gatwick airports: The simplest and cheapest way to get to Oxford is by bus - see here for more details.
- Thanks to all those who have sent in their abstracts. Please keep them coming. If you want to present a poster or talk but don't have the title and abstract ready please email Richard Mott to let him know - we will do our best to help.
- Click here for Registration form (MS Word
format). Or contact Gill Hewett
for more details.
- The meeting will start at lunchtime on the 1st July and finish at lunchtime on the 3rd. See the provisional agenda .
- The meeting's Organising Committee:
- Richard Mott
- Jonathan Flint
- Robert W Williams
- Gill Hewett (PA to Richard Mott)
- We acknowledge the generous support of The Wellcome Trust in supporting this conference.
- List of Participants