My Home Page
Marker Selection Methods
Description of Method (PDF)
Input File Format
Running the Programs
Whole Chromosome Analysis
Download C Source Code
SNP Selection Page
Download C Program Source
There are three programs available:
- span_haplotype which finds the optimal subsets of markers by exhaustive search. This is only suitable for datasets with < 30 markers if you want the program to run in a few minutes.
- greedy_haplotype which finds suboptimal subsets of markers by greedy search. This is suitable for all datasets. The two programs produce the similar answers on our test data
- big_haplotype Finds good sets of markers over very large regions such as whole chromosomes, involving hundreds or thousands of markers.
- Download gzipped C source here.
- Installation After downloading the file as haplotype.SRC.tar, type the follwing commands:
Then copy the binaries span_haplotype, greedy_haplotype, big_haplotype to somewhere on your path.
- tar xvf haplotype.SRC.tar
- cd SRC
Drop me an email
for more details.