Complex Trait Consortium
CTC Oxford 2003
Participants and Presentations
Advice for Presenters
WTCHG Bioinformatics Group
CTC 2003 Advice for Presenters
Poster boards are 5 feet wide by 4 feet high. We will provide velcro pads to attach the posters to the boards. Please do not use other means of attachment.
- All talks last for 20 minutes including questions, except for the keynote address which lasts for one hour including questions.
- It is essential that each speaker starts and ends their talk on time.
- We anticipate that all speakers will use a powerpoint or acrobat presentation. Let us know in advance if you intend to use another form of presentation eg slides or overhead projector.
- In order to minimise the change-over time between speakers, we will have one Windows PC permanently connected to the video projector, instead of connecting each speaker's laptop.
- Mac and Linux users: - Please ensure your presentation will work from a PC
- Each speaker needs to transfer their talk to the presentation laptop. There are three ways of doing this:
- Send the file as an email attachment to Richard.Mott@well.ox.ac.uk, before the 30th June
- Burn the file onto CD and give it to William Valdar (firstname.lastname@example.org), who will be managing the laptop, before your session begins
- We have a number of USB datakeys. These plug into a laptop's USB port and behave like a portable disk. Copy the file onto the key and then hand it to William Valdar before your session begins.
- Please include your name in the presentation filename - we want to avoid the confusion of having several presentations all named 'CTC Talk'