Information for parents and teachers, dyslexic people, and for parents and teachers:
For a more comprehensive account of what we currently know about the genetics of dyslexia see this article: published in the October 2002 issue of Nature Reviews Neuroscience.
UK dyslexia charities:
Other dyslexia websites:
- International Dyslexia Association
- World Dyslexia Network Foundation (WDNF)
- Dyslexia Association of Ireland
- European Dyslexia Association
Links for scientists:
UK websites for research on dyslexia:
- Neurodys - a new collaborative project bringing together resources from all over Europe to study the genetics of dyslexia and much more.
- Dyslexia Research Trust - set up by Professor John Stein and Dr Sue Fowler at Oxford University to fund cutting edge interdisciplinary research into dyslexia and other related conditions, and to support free clinics to assess and assist people with these conditions.
- Oxford Dyslexia Association