Dr Guo-Jen Huang
My current research interests are stress, anxiety, depression and antidepressants
Research on stress, anxiety, depression and antidepressants.
Genetics, complex traits, stress, anxiety, depression, antidepressants.
- G-J. Huang, A. L. Smith, D. H.D. Gray, C. Cosgrove, B. H. Singer, A. Edwards, S. Sim, J. M. Parent, A. Johnsen, R. Mott, D. Mathis, P. Klenerman, C. Benoist, J. Flint. A genetic and functional relationship between T-cells and cellular proliferation in the adult hippocampus. PLoS Biology (accepted)
- D.A. Keays, J.Cleak, G-J. Huang, A.Edwards, A. Braun, C.Treiber, R. Pidlsey, J. Flint. The role of Tuba1a in adult hippocampal neurogenesis and the formation of the dentate gyrus. Developmental Neuroscience (in press)
- G-J. Huang, S. Shifman, M. Johannesson, B. Yalcin, W. Valdar, J. Taylor, R. Mott, J. Flint. (2009). High resolution mapping of expression QTLs in heterogeneous stock mice in multiple tissues. Genome Research 19(6):1133-40
- S. Arnold*, G-J. Huang*, A. Cheung, T. Era, S-I. Nishikawa, E. Bikoff, Z. Molnar, E. Robertson, M. Groszer. The T-box transcription factor Tbr2/Eomes regulates neurogenesis in the cortical subventricular zone. Genes & Development 22(18):2479-84 [PMID: 18794345] [Full article] *both first authors contributed equally
- G-J Huang, D. Bannerman, J. Flint (2008). Chronic fluoxetine treatment alters behaviour, but not adult hippocampal neurogenesis, in BALB/cJ mice. Molecular Psychiatry 13, 119-121. [PMID: 18202694] [Full Article]
- D. Keays, G. Tian, K. Poirier, G-J. Huang, C.Siebold, J. Cleak, P. Oliver, M. Fray, R. Harvey, Z. Molnar, M. Pinon, N. Dear, W. Valdar, S. D.M. Brown, K. Davies, N. J Rawlins, N. Cowan, P. Nolan, J. Chelly, J. Flint, 2007. Mutations in α-tubulin cause hippocampal defects in mice and lissencephaly in humans. Cell 128(1):45-57 [PMID: 17218254] [Full Article]
- G-J. Huang and J. Herbert (2006). Stimulation of neurogenesis in the dentate gyrus of the adult rat by fluoxetine requires rhythmic change in corticosterone. Biological Psychiatry 59(7):619-24
- G-J. Huang and J. Herbert (2005). The role of 5-HT1A receptors in the proliferation and survival of progenitor cells in the dentate gyrus of the adult hippocampus and their regulation by corticoids. Neuroscience 135(3):803-13
- G-J. Huang and J. Herbert (2005). Serotonin modulates the suppressive effects of corticosterone on proliferating progenitor cells in the dentate gyrus of the hippocampus in the adult rat. Neuropsychopharmacology 30:231-241.